Saturday, December 17, 2011

Even albatrosses are walking

Again not much luck with the weather. Rain, fog and not good wind conditions. We decided to go to the Otago Peninsula and check the wild life.  I put the glider on the car, just in case it becomes flyable. On the way we run out of gas, so I went hitchhicing with an empty plastic gas cannikin. Kiwis are so nice. Middle aged man took me to the gas station and back. 



I still wanted to see albatroses and little blueeyed pinguins so we continued direction Portobello. To enter the colony of albatros you have to pay and by the time we arrived it was already closed, but they can also be seen from the clifs. Well, not today, it looks like it was so unfliable that even albatroses where walking. There were only hundreds of segals that were screaming and shitting all over the place. Within that I am also thinking about my arm. Looks like one of them wanted to show me what he thinks about my flying – shit. 



Bunch of people came with mini bus and I followed them to the fence of the cliff, to maby  learn some more. However, I just turned and walked away  when I heared one lady saying that stinky segals are albatroses.  Few minutes walk down to the coast to meet the pinguins and seals calmed me down.  They are so cute, the smallest pinguins in the world. Seals were playing in the sea and one was laying on the beach as that he ate to much and now it is incapable to move. 



Jost decided he has to find work again, so he left with his friend Kruger and I stayed with Lobiz family waiting for Teddy to pick me up. He got stucked in Nelson, where the weather is even worse than here. Because of the flood roads are closed and he is moving slowly towards Dunedin. We intent to go together back to Queenstown, this time with a glider.

No comments:

Post a Comment