Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Winter race 2013



Again is time for the winter race and this time it really looks winterish. Snow is still in the dark places in the valley, rivers are growing, it is cold and rainy with the forecast snow. In the morning I was packing like I am not going anywhere. My boyfriend was joking all the time about the weather conditions. But sooner or later we were on our way to Vipava valley. You will never believe I went to one of my favorite flying spots without my Spicy.  I left it at home. My friends promised they will bring him – my glider- when nice breeze shows up. I don t want to have poor Spicy all wet on the rain the whole week, since I don t even have a decent rain bag.  
We stopped at Postojna airport restaurant, that is one of our favorite after flying spots.  Great wine, awesome food and nice service keeps us coming back.
We came to Ajdovscina where we started with registration. Unfortunally, because of bad weather not many pilots showed up.  Primoz tested a glider at Lijak, so it was possible to launch.  Weather was bad but for good night sun played a game with clouds while saying goodbye from the day.
Today it was again too rainy to make a competition day. But rain still didn t turn off some pilots to go flying.  We were trying local restaurants and wine. I can t eat any more, but for a glass or two of this valleys wine I will find some more place.
I am hoping the weather will get better soon and we will make a nice race on Friday and Saturday. Tomorrow the forecast is strong NE wind. So we are going to visit Postojna cave. I hope they still have the human fish in there. I am happy to be at Karst.

No comments:

Post a Comment