Monday, October 21, 2013

Building a ramp on Šmarna gora


Šmarna gora is a small mountain in the middle of Ljubljana basin. It is one of historical, recreational and touristic point in the capital. Šmarna gora is very special place for me. I live under it and I was working in the restaurant on the top for many years. Sometimes, early in the morning, when I had  lighted a fire in an old bread oven, cooked the tea, I sit on the ramp looking at foggy Ljubljana and I was waiting for the first guests to come up. When I was working there flights with gliders were already forbidden because of the airport. But my father, his two brothers and friends made many jumps with rogallo gliders before I was born. Hang gliding has began on this mountain, which is why my club decided to rebuild the ramp.
We met on Saturday and started working. Even though it is forbidden to jump because of CTR I hope we will make an agreement with airport for a jump in a near future. 
My father in the air with his rogallo glider.

The first ramp
Putting down the old ramp

This was written on the old foundation

Building a new one

Tratrat tra traaaaaaaaaaa 



1 comment:

  1. Oi amigo Polona!
    Gostei do seu blog e dos assuntos que você vem postando.
    Afixei uma foto na sidebar do meu blog.
    Forte abraço!
    Apareça por lá!

    ReplyDelete